Writer Hi I'm Mona and I'm currently 21. This blog doesn't really have a theme to it - just the daily happenings of my life. Nobody really visits this site but if you do, well then you might be lost. laughs.

Friends I Do Have Friends Just Not Their Blog Links (OOPS)

Shoutout Erm...nah

Wishlist

Past March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 June 2013 August 2013 October 2013 May 2014 January 2015 January 2016 February 2016 April 2016 November 2016 January 2017 March 2017 April 2017 July 2017 August 2017 November 2017 February 2019 June 2020 August 2020 March 2023

Applause maker
picture
brushes
blogspot
blogskins

Sunday, November 26, 2017
Thanksgiving

Things are starting to look up.

I'm starting to find peace in doing the little things. The night walks, the strolls along the river, eating a meal but not feeling the stare of people but just enjoying the time i spend with myself.

I don't know if this makes sense, but i don't feel lonely anymore.

A bittersweet memory crossed my mind today. The little promise I once had during Christmas.
I was just looking at my hands the other day from writing so much that it started to ache.

I still remember those blue-silver Christmas lights along the entire street and how you took my hand when we crossed the street. It was so sudden that I got a shock - it seemed instinctive for you but it was still one of the most intense moments. I expected you to drop it after we crossed but you kept holding. You promised that day that you would always hold my hand for as long as we could see Christmas lights - before we had to stop holding hands.

I got a shock and asked why we would ever stop doing this. You said I would be too busy holding the hands of our children. Even as a teenaged girl on the brink of adulthood - and one who never entertained the thought of children - I remember feeling a warm tinge spread through me and held your hand even tighter. 

Seems pretty funny how that was close to 5 years ago but still comes around every Christmas period to remind me how warm I felt on that chilly evening. Guess we really did stop holding hands but not for the reason you thought. (Didn't I say you were bad at predictions? laughs) I'm glad you have someone beside you this upcoming holiday season, and I'm glad she has you too.

Thank you for making me who I am, and for giving me memories that I hold dear to my heart.
Here's to making the right choices and the ones that will keep us all happy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Mona ♥ Sunday, November 26, 2017 link to post 0 comments